Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

They said it



I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools.  Let's start with typewriters
-- Solomon Short

I occasionally surprise myself with how beautiful I was and how well I delivered a line, but generally I just feel sad at the sight of all that wonderful hair
--Roger Moore after watching his old 007 films

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest
--Mark Twain

When dealing with the insane, the best method is to pretend to be sane
--Herman Hesse

The world is full of people whose notion of a satisfactory future is, in fact, a return to the idealized past-Robertson Davies

A celebrity is a person who works hard to become well known, and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized
-- Fred Allen

A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of
--Burt Bacharach


No comments: