Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Life is not a success-only journey...

Believe it or not, it's my daily newspaper horoscope:

LIFE IS NOT A SUCCESS-ONLY JOURNEY AND THE PERSON WHO NEVER FAILS, NEVER TRIPS UP AND NEVER MAKES A MISTAKE IS A PERSON WHO NEVER TRULY LIVED


That's not a horoscope, it's an aphorism. I wuz cheated! But where the devil did it come from? It's a quote, I thought. Who said it?

So, being a talented detective, I googled it.


And while I couldn't learn who said it first, I found it quoted a lot --- in self-help blogs, and advice for the depressed... Which I suppose is no bad thing, at the end of one year and the start of another, with the mysteries of 2014 still to evolve.

But still, it seems an odd kind of day's prediction.  I'm accustomed to being promised great things, including financial windfalls, and not being challenged with Zen-type pronouncements. 

So I kept on looking.  And found out where the Dominion Post get their horoscope column, albeit a day out of date, considering it is New Year's Eve, downunder.

Here it is:

Monday, December 30
 
Saying goodbye to 2013 is all about being thankful for the journey and despite the ups and downs, triumphs and challenges to appreciate the wisdom and experience you've gained along the way. Life is not a success only journey and the person who never fails, never trips up and never makes a mistake is a person who never truly lived. As you look back at the journey that you've been on, paint yourself in as the hero of the tale.


Money
 
Energy
 
Love
 
Mood

Daily Numbers
12, 22, 28, 29, 32, 40
 
Daily Compatibility
Aquarius
 
 
 
 

No comments: