Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

ISLAND OF THE LOST

It's in production

Or, at least, at South Pacific Pix they tell me that the script is being written ...



Yes, I am talking about Island of the Lost, the castaway story that has brought me a lot of fans.


Today I received one of those neat letters, this one from Queensland, Australia.
Hi Joan,

I am writing to tell you how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Island of the lost"

It was inspiring and I couldn't put it down. I was so enthralled by the imagery and the language you employed so seamlessly, that I was able to conjure up in my minds eye, the most vivid of images. Have you ever thought about having this masterpiece made into a motion picture? Couldn't you just imagine someone like Peter Jackson directing such an offering? With todays wonderful technology, it is possible to create almost any scene imaginable and I can imagine that your telling of this amazing story would be treated with great respect. Nothing needs to be changed and I think it is capable of being turned into a cinematic masterpiece.

Just had to say that, and would help in any way possible to make it happen.

Fantstic stuff Joan, and I would love to see this story told on the big screen.

Nick Gane
 
Thanks, Nick, and many thanks for the permission to publish your great letter on my blog



2 comments:

linda collison said...

Yes! This is terrific news, Joan.

World of the Written Word said...

Thank you, Linda! I'm working on the sequel right now ...